Moms are awesome and deserve their special day. Make it an extra treat with this delicious and subtly strong variation on the classic mimosa.
What’s better than a lovely Mother’s Day Brunch, snacking on scones, enjoying a classic creme brulee, and sipping on mimosas? This fun and easy drink features orange juice and champagne for sweetness and bubbly tickles. But I took it a step further by adding some kicker ingredients that are sure to make mom know that she’s super special.
Chef Jack’s “Mamma Mimosa”:
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 oz. Absolut Mandarin Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 2 oz. orange soda
- 4 oz. Brut champagne (avoid other sparkling wines that may add too much sweetness to the cocktail. With the juice, liqueur, and soda, it will be sweet enough)
- Combine the orange juice, vodka, Grand Marnier, and orange soda into a cocktail mixer. Add ice and shake gently for about 30 seconds.
- Add the champagne and gently swirl the contents until well blended.
- Pour the cocktail into an chilled glass and garnish with strawberry and orange.
- Tell Mom you love and appreciate her.
Check out the video below to see how quick and simple this cocktail is.